GIVING TREE KICKOFF
Saturday, November 24th, 2018
Ready for Decoration
Twenty trees will be at their business foster sites and ready for public decorating by Saturday, November 24th, 2018
Where to Donate
Giving tree decoration angels (you) are encouraged to place your ornaments and tree trimming on the trees.
The Official Giving Tree Project Donation Drop-off site for tree stands, new lights or, a large decoration donation is at Gary’s First Class Car Care at 301 Water Street in Excelsior.
Items are accepted all year round.
What Can Be Donated
All donations must be in good condition, gently used, and not soiled.
- Glass bulbs that are in good condition, not cracked the paint cannot be chipped or peeling.
- Ornaments new, hand crafted, homemade, and with previous tree experience.
- Tree Trimmings, hand crafted, homemade, and with previous tree experience.
- Tree tops, hand crafted, homemade, and with previous tree experience.
- Lights new or in new condition.
- Tree stands for trees 3-5 feet tall.
- New tree bags
- Tree Skirts
Please no candles
How You Can Help
Think of the Giving Tree Project when...
- You’re down-sizing your tree trimmings, ornaments, and tree bling.
- You do not know what to do with those ornaments you received as gifts that are just not your style.
- You just don’t know what to do with those ornaments from your x-spouse.
- You have talented children that want to help out, have them make ornaments.
- Your Christmas boxes are outgrowing their storage space.
- You are writing up your holiday invites and ask for donations for the Giving Tree Project in lieu of hostess gifts.
How Your Organization Can Adopt a Tree to Decorate
- Your group can adopt a tree to personalize and make special for the family receiving the tree.
- Nothing adds to a tree more than ornaments and trimmings placed by the hands of someone who cares. Decorations can be hand made, purchased, or have previous tree experience.
- We encourage groups to write their names, and/or group names on the ornaments.
- A ribbon or banner with your group’s information is also welcome. These tiny 3 to 4 foot trees stand outside and are exposed to the elements, the ornaments or cards should be placed in Ziplocs or plastic bags
Contact Kellie at 952-960-1692 or e-mail email@example.com for more details and to be assigned a tree
- Twenty trees will be at their business foster sites and ready for public decorating by Saturday, November 24th, 2018
- Trees will be delivered to foster sites the week of November 19th, 2018 between 10:00 AM-6:00 PM.
- Trees will be picked up by ResourceWest clients on Saturday, December 15th at 10:00 a.m.
- If your family, a neighbor, or someone you know in the community that needs a Christmas Tree this year, contact ResourceWest at 952-933-3860
To Be Added To Our Event List
To be added to our event mailing list or the Giving Tree Project mailing list contact Kellie with your information and indicate which list you would like to be placed on. We can mail or e-mail mail you the information. The Excelsior Fire District does not sell or share our lists.
Contact Kellie at 952-960-1692 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Becoming a Foster Site
The 2018 Giving Trees have Foster Sites
If your are a business in downtown Excelsior and you would like be a Giving Tree Foster Site in the future, call Kellie at 952-960-1692 or e-mail at email@example.com to be placed on the waiting list.
Pick Up Dates
- Trees will be picked up by ResourceWest and volunteers starting on Saturday, December 15th .